A Kano base Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Zaitun Humanitarian Foundation has distributed food items and essential commodities to 70 deserving households in Kumbotso Local Government Area of the state.
Ms Badriya Bashir, the Chairperson of the Foundation, made the disclosure at the distribution exercise of the food items on Thursday in Sabuwar Gandu Community, Kumbotso Local Government Area of the state.
Bashir said the food items were distributed to widows, orphans and persons with special needs to mitigate the effect of the lockdown occasioned by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Bashir, represented by Muhammad Sani, the Project Manager of the foundation, said the gesture was to compliment government’s efforts to contain spread of the pandemic.
She listed the items distributed to include rice, pasta, noodles and other essential commodities.
“We distribute food items because the issue of COVID-19 caused a lot of hardship to many people in the society.
“We targeted widows, orphans and people with special needs in the society, because they need assistance,” she said.
Bashir urged the beneficiaries to adhere to medical advice on precautionary measures against the pandemic to stay safe and healthy.
She also called on the wealthy individuals to emulate gesture to assist the less privileged in the society and support government efforts to contain spread of Coronavirus.
One of the beneficiaries, Hauwa Bello, commended the gesture, adding that it would go a long way to mitigate their sufferings.
Edited By: Rabiu Sani Ali
- LatAm economic climate index falls to three-decade low
- U.S. Texas further opens up amid pandemic
- LASG cautions developers against roads abuse
- Spotlight: Europeans continue to heal economic wounds, infections top 2 mln
- Ratcliffe sworn in as U.S. spy chief
- COVID-19: Gov. El-Rufai extends Kaduna lockdown by 2 weeks
- Romania to take new relaxation measures from June 1: minister
- PDP hails FG over successes against banditry, other crimes in Zamfara
- Roundup: New York Stock Exchange partially reopens as U.S. COVID-19 deaths near 100,000
- New York governor rings opening bell at exchange as traders return
- Teenage Saruni dreams of debut Olympics in Tokyo
- Feature: Pandemic-hit Ecuador faces uncertain economic future, say experts
- ‘Presidential directive’ on 150 memos is fake news – Presidency
- 875 people commit suicide during lockdown period in Nepal
- 3 U.S. soldiers wounded in ambush attack in eastern Syria
- Tinubu commiserates with Telegraph Newspaper over Editor’s death
- COVID-19: Let’s put our trust in Allah to end pandemic – Ife Chief Imam
- Germany to extend contact restrictions untill June 29
- Bayern Munich with one hand on league title after 1-0 win at Dortmund
- COVID-19: Ooni donates fumigator, cash to UCH Ibadan