The Police Command in Delta, on Wednesday confirmed the death of a middle-aged man in Igbudu Market in Warri South Local Government Area of the state.
The Commissioner of Police (CP), Hafiz Inuwa, who confirmed the incident said that the deceased slumped and died on Tuesday in the market in the popular Warri-Sapele Road.
“I am very much aware. In fact, my Area Commander in Warri was there on visiting when the man bought something at the market, slumped and died,” Inuwa said.
A reliable source in the market who pleaded anonymity said that the unidentified man had gone to Igbudu market to purchase some food items.
“The deceased had finished buying foodstuffs when he suddenly slumped and died.
“A polythene bag containing some food items like tomatoes, pepper, onions and others was found beside bis corpse,” he said.
According to the source, the remains of the deceased has been deposited in an undisclosed morgue.
Edited By: Debo Oshundun/Ejike Obeta
- No new case in New Zealand for eight consecutive days
- Int’l passenger air travel resumes in Slovenia’s capital
- Finland approves employment of additional non-EU agri-workers
- Chile to grant facilities to LATAM Airlines after bankruptcy announcement
- Slovenian parliament passes third coronavirus stimulus package
- Brazil registers world’s fifth highest death toll from COVID-19
- Uganda’s annual inflation down to 2.8 percent in May
- Daily life amid epidemic in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- China urges U.S. to stop using excuses to restrict, suppress Chinese students
- People watch movie at drive-in cinema at Port of Gruz in Croatia
- Bioparco zoo in Rome reopens with strict measures taken to curb spread of COVID-19
- Indian medics team visit COVID-19 hotspot area in Bangalore
- Hundreds in New York protest over George Floyd’s death
- Nubian ibexes seen in Mitzpe Ramon, southern Israel
- “Meet Vincent van Gogh” exhibition to reopen to public in Lisbon
- UN Security Council extends mandates of missions in Somalia, Iraq, Darfur
- UN rights body stresses need to combat stigmatization in COVID-19 fight, supports WHO’s leading role
- Havertz goal gives Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 win at Freiburg
- U.S. city Minneapolis imposes curfew amid violent protests over death of black man
- Gov. Makinde completes 307 projects in 1year, 236 others ongoing