French President Emmanuel Macron, who is hosting the G7 summit in Biarritz, made this known to reporters on Sunday.
“There are contacts that are being made with all the countries of Amazonia by our teams so that we can finalize very concrete technical and financial commitments,” Macron said.
Reforestation is also essential but there were “various outlooks” among the leaders “because that all depends on the countries of Amazonia,” who were justifiably attached to their sovereignty, Macron acknowledged.
(Edited by Emmanuel Yashim)
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA
- U.S calls for peaceful, free, transparent elections in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Buhari greets Wazirin Dutse, Bashir Dalhatu, at 70