Man, 21, sentenced to 6 months imprisonment for break-in
Ilorin, Feb. 14, 2019 (NNN) An Ilorin Magistrates’ Court presided over by Oluwafolake Ajayi, on Thursday sentenced one Olanrewaju Ibrahim, 21, to six months imprisonment for breaking into a shop, after he had pleaded guilty.
The convict was arrainged on a two-count charge of house breaking and theft.
Earlier, Mr Ajide Kehinde of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) told the court that Ibrahim and two others now at large committed the offence.
Kehinde said that on Feb. 9, the case was reported to the Intelligence and Investigations Department of the Corps.
He said that investigations revealed that Ibrahim burgle into one of the shops at Coca-Cola area, Ilorin, and attempted to steal some goods.
“The security guard on duty caught the defendant in the act and handed him over to the NSCDC’s Operation Harmony on patrol.
“Some items he used to break into the shop were recovered from him.
“Investigations through Ibrahim’s conventional statements revealed that he and his friends, who are now at large, committed the offence,’’ he said. (NNN)
Edited by Debo Oshundun/Ejike Obeta
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC