An Ikorodu Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State on Tuesday remanded one Saka Usman, after he pleaded guilty to stealing cell phones and cash from a residence at Ireshe community in Ikorodu.
Usman, 23, whose address is not provided is facing a two-count charge of felony and stealing.
The Magistrate, Mr O.M. Dawodu, remanded Usman in prison and adjourned the case until July 25 for review of the facts of the case and sentencing.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Mary Ajiteru, told the court that Usman committed the offence on June 21 at No. 6, Itunlaye-Ode Str., Ireshe, Ikorodu.
Ajiteru said that the defendant stole two Tecno phones worth N7, 000 and cash of N2, 000, properties of one Oluwapelumi Oyewole.
According to the Prosecutor, the offences contravene Sections 398(1) and 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Section 308(1) provides for five years jail term for entering a residence with intent to commit felony, while Section 287 stipulates three years for stealing.
- Assembly pledges proper upgrading of Sokoto Health Technology school
- Army releases emergency numbers for ‘Exercise Atilogwu Udo 1’
- Sickle Cell: Reps urge FG to introduce free, compulsory new born screening
- Appeal Court reaffirms election of 8 Sokoto lawmakers
- Data, veritable tool to achieving SDGs — Presidential aide
- Bayelsa: IPAC urges INEC to ensure free, fair, credible election
- Kagame delivers stern warning to persons trying to destabilise Rwanda
- NASS pledges support towards reducing Nigeria’s housing deficit
- FG to stop importation of steel materials – Minister
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline