A 25-year-old man, Basirat Ibrahim, on Monday appeared in an Ikorodu Magistrates’ Court, Lagos State, for allegedly stealing a woman’s underwear and a bra, worth N1, 900.
Ibrahim, whose address was not provided, is facing a charge of stealing, to which he pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Mary Ajiteru, told the court that the defendant committed the offence at 9.30 p.m. on May 12 at Mopo St. Igbo-Olomu area in Ikorodu.
Ajiteru said the defendant stole two underwear and a bra belonging to the complainant, Mrs Mary Moses.
She said the defendant was caught with the stolen underwear .
The offence, she said, contravened the Sections 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Magistrate C.K. Tunji-Careena admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N20, 000 with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case until June 13.
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC