An Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on Friday ordered the remand of one Kingsley Sunday, for allegedly defiled a teenage girl.
Sunday, 28, is facing three-count charge of unlawful carnal knowledge, rape and conduct likely to cause breach of peace.
He however, pleaded not guilty but was denied bail.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Adeola Adedayo, remanded Sunday at the Ikoyi Prison pending filing of the case at the Special and Sexual offences court, Ikeja.
Adedayo adjourned the case until July 24.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp. Chinalu Uwadione, had told the court that the defendant had committed the offences on June 10, at No. 5, Oluwaseyi St., Ebute Meta.
Uwadione had told the court that the defendant after having forcefully had carnal knowledge of the 15-year-old girl invited two of his friends to also rape the teenager.
The alleged offences contravened Sections 168, 260 and 413 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
- Family found dead at Istanbul apartment in suspected murder-suicide
- Legislative Health Summit: N1bn Cancer Fund not enough – Panelists
- No plan to stop Basic Healthcare Fund — Senate
- Cleric in court for alleged trespass
- Australia battling bushfires, bracing for hot weather, strong wind
- Court remands woman for allegedly abandoning 5-day-old baby
- Zambian president’s ex-spokesperson arrested over corruption
- Yuletide: FRSC advises motorists not to be distracted by family problems
- Appeal court dismisses Ogboru’s suit against Okowa’s election
- 2 die, 17 vehicles burnt in Sango-Ota tanker accident
- Kano custodial centre nabs suspected female drug trafficker
- Pakistan police investigate paedophile’s links to global network
- Police arraign man for allegedly stealing 1,692 cartons of engine oil
- Group urges Kaduna Govt. to strengthen nutrition delivery system
- Niger LG polls: Police ready to provide security
- Kogi Poll: Court adjourns suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility till Nov. 21
- IGP urges newly deployed CPs to partner stakeholders
- Appeal court affirms Okowa’s election as Delta governor
- Publisher in court over alleged N4m fraud
- Political parties in Chile agree on path to new constitution