Man, 30, docked for obtaining N1.2m under false pretences
A 30-year-old man, Tunde Muda, was on Tuesday docked at a Badagry Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State for allegedly obtaining N1,210,000 under false pretences.
Muda, whose address is unknown, is facing a two-count charge of obtaining money under false pretences and stealing.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the offences.
The prosecutor, Clement Okuoimose, told the court that the defendant committed the offences on Aug.10, 2018 and Oct. 8, 2018 at about 11:00 a.m. at Ikoga area of Badagry, Lagos.
Okuoimose said that Muda fraudulently collected N500,000 from one Abass Ojo on the pretext that he wanted to supply him a Golf car from Republic of Benin which he knew to be false.
“Again, the defendant, collected the sum of N710,000 from one Ola Ogundele on the pretext of supplying him a Passat car from Cotonou, knowing this to be false.
“The defendant stole a sum of N1.2 million belonging to the two complainants,” he said.
The magistrate, Mr Lazarus Hotepo, granted the accused bail in the sum of N500, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
Hotepo adjourned the case until Oct.10 for mention.
Edited by Tajudeen Atitebi
- Woman prays court to grant her custody of 2-yr son
- Court remands labourer for allegedly defiling neighbour’s daughter
- NYSC SAED will prepare you for the challenges of unemployment, Okpongete charges corps members
- 14 political parties to participate in Adamawa local council election
- NASA tracks swarm of asteroids zooming toward earth at breakneck speed
- Cleric urges Nigerians to pray for leaders irrespective of differences
- Kogi guber: Attack on SDP secretariat a threat to democracy – Ondo SDP
- EU lawyer: Jailed Catalan leader should have EU parliament immunity
- Asylum seekers cannot lose shelter, food as punishment – EU court
- Kaduna Govt., CS-SUNN train committee on effective nutrition coordination
- Bayelsa poll: Court disqualifies APC deputy governorship candidate over false information
- World Pneumonia Day: Nigeria contributes highest number of child pneumonia globally – UNICEF
- Britain’s opposition Labour Party reports sophisticated cyber attack
- Adegboyega varsity to establish agro-solar power project -VC
- Security: Gov. Matawalle urges repentant bandits to sustain peace
- Thai police arrest 4 suspects over murder of Karen activist
- Amaechi, Peterside mourn death of Prof Tam David-West
- Kano Assembly urges government to construct access road in Kiru LGA
- Most states not implementing Contributory Pension Scheme — PENCOM report
- Russian PM endorses production of ebola vaccine for DRC, others at Novosibirsk facility