The Police in Abuja on Wednesday, arraigned a 30-year-old manager, Adetosoye Michael, in a Wuse Zone II Magistrates’ Court, for alleged criminal misappropriation and forgery.
The defendant, who resides at No. 20b, Bomenda Crescent, Wuse Zone III, Abuja, is being tried on a two-count charge of criminal misappropriation and forgery.
The Prosecution Counsel, Mr A.S. Oyeyemi, told the court that one Shwarji Paul, who resides at No. 24 Wumba Str., Apo, Abuja, on June 17, reported the matter at the Central Police Station, Abuja on behalf of his boss, Mr George Denspen, of Skypower Empire.
Oyeyemi alleged that the defendant converted N440, 000 from the N1.1 million his employer gave him for the renewal of their office rent.
He further alleged that the defendant forged the landlord’s document to reflect the sum which he scanned to his employer.
Oyeyemi said that the offence contravened the provisions of Sections 309 and 364 of the Panel Code.
The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Magistrate, Mrs Elizabeth Womni, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of of N1.5 million with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case until Aug. 20, for hearing.
- Ebonyi NOA, UNICEF move to raise awareness on safe practices for healthy living
- 2019 INAC: Ogun woos visitors to explore tourism assets
- Centre trains Armory managers from 15 countries to curtail arms proliferation
- Gridlock: Lagos Assembly asks Sanwo-Olu to focus on scheduled maintenance
- KDSG urges religious leaders to spread messages of peace
- Lagos House of Assembly approves N250bn loan for capital projects
- AFRIMA- Stakeholders urge artistes to utilise digital platforms for distribution
- Artist drums up support for the Art sector
- Experts call for private sector participation in health security
- Ogun govt. advocates modern teaching techniques for special schools
- A.Y partners Chinese firm to produce new movie `30 days’
- NAN Acting MD tasks staff on commitment “in spite of financial challenges”
- Plateau: NPC launches 2018 NDHS report
- Chris Brown welcomes second child with girlfriend
- ENSG targets 1m children in immunisation plus days
- Resign, aggrieved APC NEC members tell Oshiomhole
- INAC 2019: Culture agency provides free skills training
- Friendly environment: Minister urges public-private sector collaboration
- Why God’s ways remain unpredictable, incomprehensible – Don
- Air Chief pleased with maintenance progress on Alpha Jets In NAF Base
- EU tasks AU on solidarity, unity for AfCFTA to succeed
- Town Hall meeting stakeholders advocate interface reps
- Webber donates N9m sports facilities to alma mater
- Lawmaker lays foundation for block of six classrooms in Badagry
- Kwara Govt. tasks new NURTW executives on peace, unity
- Customs Comptroller-General to sack officers living above earnings
- NIS begins E-passport, biometric visa issuance in Japan
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court