The Police in Abuja on Wednesday, arraigned a 30-year-old manager, Adetosoye Michael, in a Wuse Zone II Magistrates’ Court, for alleged criminal misappropriation and forgery.
The defendant, who resides at No. 20b, Bomenda Crescent, Wuse Zone III, Abuja, is being tried on a two-count charge of criminal misappropriation and forgery.
The Prosecution Counsel, Mr A.S. Oyeyemi, told the court that one Shwarji Paul, who resides at No. 24 Wumba Str., Apo, Abuja, on June 17, reported the matter at the Central Police Station, Abuja on behalf of his boss, Mr George Denspen, of Skypower Empire.
Oyeyemi alleged that the defendant converted N440, 000 from the N1.1 million his employer gave him for the renewal of their office rent.
He further alleged that the defendant forged the landlord’s document to reflect the sum which he scanned to his employer.
Oyeyemi said that the offence contravened the provisions of Sections 309 and 364 of the Panel Code.
The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Magistrate, Mrs Elizabeth Womni, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of of N1.5 million with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case until Aug. 20, for hearing.
- Gov. Bagudu sets up committee to refund Hajj deposits to pilgrims
- Gov. Bagudu distributes CACOVID food, relief materials to 38,047 households
- COVID-19: Osun Govt warns against indiscriminate decontamination, fumigation
- FG launches distribution of agricultural inputs in Cross River
- COVID-19: Ooni urges Africans to contribute to global development
- NSCDC pledges maximum support to Amotekun in Oyo state
- FG to pay June hazard allowance of medical workers from Aug. 10
- Northern Governors condemn attacks in Southern Kaduna
- NAFDAC advises careful examination of products before buying
- Ooni tasks govt on food security as Ife celebrate yam festival