A 35-year-old man, Adebayo Oluwatoyin, who allegedly raped a 20-year-old woman, on Wednesday, appeared before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court.
Oluwatoyin is facing a charge of rape before the Chief Magistrate, Mrs Olufunke Sule-Amzat.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Emuerhi said that the defendant had sex with the woman without her consent.
He said that the offence contravened Section 260 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the offence stipulates life imprisonment for rape.
Sule-Amzat ordered that the defendant be remanded in Ikoyi Custodial Centre and the file sent to Ikeja Special and Sexual Offences Court.
She, thereafter, adjourned the case till April 6, for mention.
Edited By: Edith Bolokor and ‘Wale Sadeeq
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- Akure explosion: Federal lawmaker commiserates with victims
- COVID-19: Abia govt. orders closure of land borders
- Covid 19: 2 Islamic clerics arrested for conducting congregational in Kaduna
- Cancer patients, worse hit by COVID-19- Medical Mission
- COVID-19: Plateau speaker decries low compliance with preventive measures
- Coronavirus : Federal lawmaker donates 2 months’ salary to constituents
- COVID-19: Presidency refutes report on N30,000 relief package
- Unilag soars at Africa Inter-university Machine Learning Competition
- COVID-19: Group in Gombe commends Gov. Yahaya’s proactive measures
- Gov. Wike, task force monitor compliance to restriction