Akapo, who resides in Agiliti area in Mile 12, Ketu, Lagos, is facing a charge of assault, to which he pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Lucky Ihiehie, told the court that the defendant committed the offence with one other person still at large on May 2 at his residence.
Ihiehie said the defendant assaulted the complainant, Mr Oluwole Odebode,while performing his official duties.
“The complainant and some of his colleagues went to the defendant’s compound to disconnect the electric power in the houses of those having outstanding bills with the company.
“Akapo held the complainant by the neck, questioning the authenticity of their assignment and also willfuly damaged their ladder valued at N150, 000, property of Ikeja Electric Plc,” he said.
The prosecutor said that the offence contravened Sections 172 , 350 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos, 2015.
The Magistrate, Mrs Bukola Mogaji, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N70, 000 with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case to May 27.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy