A 38-year-old man, Olatunbosun Olaniran, was on Tuesday docked at a Badagry Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State, over alleged theft of a Bajaj motorcycle worth N230,000.
Olaniran, who has no fixed address, is facing a count charge of stealing.
The Prosecutor, ASP. Nkem Akpan, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Jan. 6 at midnight at No. 9, Akanni St., Ijanikin, Lagos.
The prosecutor said that the defendant stole a Bajaj motorcycle with registration number LSD 764 QJ, belonging to one Mr Abdul-Karim Suleiman.
“The offence contravenes Section 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015,” the prosecutor said.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty, and was granted bail by the Chief Magistrate, Mr Patrick Adekomaiya, in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.
The chief magistrate adjourned the case until Feb. 3 for hearing.
Edited by: Olawunmi Ashafa/Ijeoma Popoola
- Iraq cancels visit of Turkish minister, summons Turkish envoy over deadly airstrike
- Brazilian state seeking to make deal to produce Russia’s coronavirus vaccine locally
- Queen Elizabeth approves posthumous top WWII honour for Australian teenager
- Russia says allegations COVID-19 vaccine is unsafe are groundless- Ifax
- British economy plunges into recession after record second-quarter fall
- Election: Losers still learning to accept loss in Nigeria – Activist
- Australia’s coronavirus deaths hit record high
- Vietnam’s auto sales down in 7 months
- 23 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast: IOM
- New probable virus cases linked to New Zealand family