A 46-year-old man, Sabiu Salisu, was on Tuesday arraigned before an Ado Ekiti Magistrates’ court for allegedly stealing goats valued at N45,000.
The accused whose address was not provided at the court was facing a two-count charge of conspiracy and stealing.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Oriyomi Akinwale, told the court that the accused and others now at large, stole three goats, each valued at N15,000 and a total value of N45,000.
He said the offences were punishable under Sections 516 and 390 (9) of the Criminal Code Cap C16 Vol.1 Laws of Ekiti State 2012.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Olufunmike Aloma, granted the accused bail in the sum of N5,000 with one surety in like sum.
The case was adjourned until Dec. 17 for mention.
Edited by Dorcas Jonah/Adeleye Ajayi
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union
- Review: Sean Tizzle’s single ‘Contagious’, not enough for a hit record
- Katsina state govt. pays N208m WAEC fees for 21,589 candidates–Commissioner
- Opadokun, NADECO leader, seeks more libraries to boost reading culture
- Review: Teni Apata’s music, personality evolution draws mixed feelings
- Ministry of power seeks collaboration with agencies for improved power supply
- Kano State targets 3.8m children for meningitis vaccination
- Focus, Funding, keys to having to a great musical career- Toby
- Institute tasks FG on tourism, hospitality sector
- Boxing: NIDCOM boss, Dabiri-Erewa applauds Joshua’s victory over Ruiz Jr.
- Christmas: We are capable of meeting demands- Nasarawa Rice Millers
- Cleric urges Christians to live exemplary lives
- Nutrition Survey will lead to improved quality healthcare – Experts
- RIFAN urges FG to sustain border closure
- Fireboy DML debuts best album to close 2019
- Style Review: the return of pleated skirts
- National Public Safety Security System: Police Affairs Ministry sets up committee for smooth take-off
- Expert urges FG to sensitise Nigerians on $29.96bn foreign loan
- ‘Muna’ suggests new career angle for Adesua Etomi-Wellington
- BASA will strengthen cultural ties, deepen unity amongst personnel – CAS
- Nigeria on cause to raise Olympic champions in gymnastic – Coach Asuquo
- FG to introduce new visa regime to boost economy
- Expo 2020 in Dubai: What Benefits to Africa?
- Boxing: I’m happy Joshua won back his respect, says Isaac Ikhouria
- Boxing: Joshua takes revenge on Ruiz in Saudi Arabia rematch
- Buhari salutes Anthony Joshua on comeback victory
- DSS says Sowore’s rearrest video, mischief, meant for propagandist purpose
- NGO wants HIV test as component of routine ante natal care
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars