The Police on Wednesday arraigned a 46 year-old man, Francis Okechukwu, in a Badagry Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly stealing N495,000.
The accused of no fixed address is facing a count charge of stealing, an offence he denied.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Ayodele Adeosun, told the court that the accused committed the offence sometime in 2016 at Ashipa area of Seme Border in Badagry.
Adeosun said that the accused stole N495, 000, property of one Chief Sunday Nwarinne.
He said the offence contravened Sections 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Patrick Adekomaya, admitted the accused to bail in the sum of N100, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
He adjourned the case until June 5 for further hearing.
- Nigeria stock market advances by N26bn
- Insecurity: Buhari calls for synergy among security agencies heads
- Gov Sule promises justice for family of 3-month-old baby raped in Nasarawa
- Troops deactivate 25 illegal refineries, impound 342,000 ltrs of AGO in South-South
- COVID-19: CACOVID targets 10m people with palliatives worth N23bn
- PenCom initiates process to review 2014 Pension Reform Act
- North West farmers back to work amid troops operations –DHQ
- AFAN wants FG to establish commodity board to mop-up excess farm produce
- Kwara govt. pledges to reposition Aviation College, inaugurates visitation panel
- Ekiti court dissolves 11-year-old marriage on grounds of threats to life, others