The Police on Wednesday arraigned a 46 year-old man, Francis Okechukwu, in a Badagry Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly stealing N495,000.
The accused of no fixed address is facing a count charge of stealing, an offence he denied.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Ayodele Adeosun, told the court that the accused committed the offence sometime in 2016 at Ashipa area of Seme Border in Badagry.
Adeosun said that the accused stole N495, 000, property of one Chief Sunday Nwarinne.
He said the offence contravened Sections 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Patrick Adekomaya, admitted the accused to bail in the sum of N100, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
He adjourned the case until June 5 for further hearing.
- Healthcare delivery: Gov. Bagudu seeks better physicians, policy makers’ synergy
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending
- Appeal Court Judgment: Tambuwal dedicates victory to God
- College drags ex-student to court over alleged defamation
- Pope says technology, globalisation endanger youth individuality
- Army war college graduates 66 officers in course 3
- Entire world waiting on Africa for creative tourism – tourism development expert
- Reps C’ttee lauds Adebayo
- Anambra FRSC begins night patrol, arrests 15 trucks for alleged overloading
- Anambra: FRSC commences night patrol, arrests 15 trucks, buses for overloading, extra light
- Yuletide: Fashola tasks stakeholders, housing controllers on results
- Prompt response from Navy Fire Unit saves lives, properties
- FRSC tightens noose on corrupt personnel
- Kogi election: Coalition urges INEC to create more polling units
- Kebbi Govt. sets up health committee to humanitarian crisis
- Igboeze South LG spends N250m to construct 1.5km road, others
- Customers express concerns on implementation of e-bills by Ikeja Electric
- DMO puts Nigeria’s debt profile at N25.7 trn
- 34 Ijegun residents benefit free medical surgeries, 350 from eye screening
- Zidane defends Bale after flag criticism
- Insecurity: Ex-Police I-G Abubakar calls for synergy between security agencies
- Buhari receives NIPSS Report on Universal Healthcare, pledges action
- 2 protesters killed, 25 injured in Baghdad unrest
- Banky W announce return to music with new album in 2020
- Liverpool manager Klopp sweating on Salah fitness ahead of Palace trip
- Navy hands over smuggled rice, vegetable oil to customs
- Market closure: We lost over N500m, Kaduna traders cry out
- China reiterates commitment to cultural relations with Nigeria
- NPC begins 2019 VASA survey in Gombe, solicits stakeholders’ support
- Wellness expert advises Nigerians on healthy lifestyle to reduce stress
- Hong Kong mask ban temporarily returns as court reviews law
- 1072 persons benefits from Foundation’s free eye care in Edo
- 2 car dealers docked over alleged N800, 000 fraud
- Pope Francis urges Catholics to promote faith in Buddhist Thailand
- Polio immunisation: Kano targets over 3m children -Commissioner
- Man in court for allegedly stealing snail, bitter cola
- NGO trains 50 litreracy facilitators in Ebonyi
- Traditional ruler appeals to FG to accord priority to roads across Nigeria
- Agege council to build artistes’ village to engage talented youths