An Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court in Osun, on Tuesday, sentenced one Seun Ogunmodede, 37, to 12 months imprisonment for housebreaking and theft of an international passport.
Magistrate A. A. Ayeni sentenced Ogunmodede after he had pleaded guilty to the charges of housebreaking and theft.
Ayeni sentenced the convict without an option of fine.
Earlier, the Police Prosecutor, Insp. Sunday Osanyintuyi, had told the court that Ogunmodede committed the offences on July 5, at about 2:13 pm. at House 72, Eleran Arojo layout, Ile-Ife.
Osanyintuyi said that the convict and others now at large, conspired with intent to commit felony to wit: breaking and stealing.
He added that the convict broke into the house of one Akinpelu Oluwaseun and stole his international passport, one DVD player and a traveling bag, all valued at N28,000.
He said the offences contravened Sections 383, 390(9), 411, 412 and 516 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun, 2002.
Edited By: Yakubu Uba and (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria