The police on Friday arraigned a 42-year- old man, Ibong Utoh, at a Wuse Zone 6 Chief Magistrates’ Court, Abuja, over alleged misappropriation of N500,000.
The defendant, Utoh of Forte Oil Filling Station, Abuja, is facing a two-count charge bordering on breach of trust and misappropriation.
The Prosecutor, Fidelis Ogbobe, said the complainant, Ugochukwu Ezemonye of Plot 294, Enugu Street, Garki 2, Abuja, reported the matter at Garki Police Station on May 30.
Ogbobe said that Ezemonye had sometime in April, based on trust, gave the defendant the sum of N500,000 to supply him 10 units of Hycent one-horse power air conditioners.
He said the defendant instead of making the supply, dishonestly misappropriated the money and converted it to his personal use.
Ogbobe also alleged that during police investigation the sum of N100,000 was recovered from the defendant.
He said that the offences contravened Sections 312 and 309 of Penal Code.
Utoh, however, pleaded not guilty.
His Counsel, James Onoja, made an oral bail application for his bail.
The Magistrate, Njideka Nwosu-Iheme, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N500,000 with one surety in like sum.
The case was adjourned until July 10 for further hearing
Edited by Tajudeen Atitebi
- NIS inaugurates e-registration of foreign nationals in Sokoto
- Nasarawa Speaker hails Gov Sule’s victory at Appeal Court
- Stakeholders to converge on Abuja for UHC Nov. 13 – Sen Oloriegbe
- Minister says sanitation crisis if allowed may undermine SDG 2030
- Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recovering after surgery
- Unity Colleges: Federal Ministry of Education calls on principals to step up leadership roles
- FCT board to begin 10 days measles, Meningitis `A’ vaccination on Nov. 16
- Macron right on EU membership rules, says North Macedonian president
- S. Africa ready for e-visa system to attract more tourists
- Uganda’s Magala talks tough as Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship gets underway in Abuja
- Lagos Government pledges patronage of local boat manufacturers
- Minister harps on evolving science, technologies to improve innovations
- Police task hoteliers on security measures during Yuletide
- I will recover Bayelsa’s looted funds if voted –DPC governorship candidate
- Borno bans illegal motor parks to curb crimes
- Hundreds of traders protest demolition of Ikosi/Isheri market in Lagos
- INEC ready for Kogi,Bayelsa poll says Chairman
- Progressive governance involves provision of education, jobs, healthcare – Osinbajo
- Minimum wage: Labour tasks legislature on implementation in Kwara
- Ondo State Govt. to partner with NGOs on sports development