A 25 year-old Solar Engineer, Christian Ogbana, on Thursday appeared before an Okitipupa Chief Magistrates’ Court in Ondo State for allegedly stealing a generator valued N60,000.
The defendant whose address was not given was facing one-count charge bordering on stealing.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Zedekiah Orogbemi, told the court that the defendant on April 12 around 06:00 a.m. at Jimba St., Okitipupa in Okitipupa Magisterial District stole a yellow Elepaq SW 2.7 generator, property of one Anu Boboye.
Orogbemi alleged that the defendant committed an offence which contravene and punishable under Section 390(9), Criminal Code, Cap.37, Vol.1, Laws of Ondo State 2006.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge levelled against him.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Musa Al-Yunus, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 and a surety in like sum with evidence of a year tax clearance paid to the state government.
He adjourned the case until July 23 for further hearing.
Edited By: Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
- Juventus give Pirlo his first manager’s role
- 332 evacuees arrive Nigeria from London – NiDCOM
- Lewandowski dazzles as Bayern crush Chelsea to reach last eight
- Messi helps Barcelona sink Napoli to reach last 8
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 5 foreigners
- Amosun pays tributes to late Kashamu
- Buhari mourns Kano businessman, Shehu Rabi’u
- Abiodun, Obasanjo mourn Kashamu
- Delta PDP returns Esiso as state chairman
- Senate President Lawan sponsors wedding for 300 less-privileged, orphans in Yobe