Man drags ex wife to court over child custody
Kaduna, March 13, 2019 A middle aged man, Abdullahi Ahmadu, on Wednesday dragged one Rabi Iliya, his former wife, to Sharia Court II sitting in Magajin Gari, Kaduna over custody of their two children.
Ahmadu who resides at Gadar Gayan village told the court that he wanted his children to be with him since their mother now lives away from her parents.
” This case was treated in this court for over a year now; in which the then judge ruled that she takes two out of our four children, leaving the remaining two with me.
“But she recently left her parent’s house in Dirkaniya and relocated to Gadar Gayan, which I am not comfortable with,” he said.
In her defense, the woman said she relocated to the area so that she could be close to her other children and try to reconcile with her husband or remarry there.
“He has been showing signs of wanting me back that is why I went there to see if we could reconcile, besides I’m not living alone, I am staying with my aunt,” she noted.
The Judge, Musa Sa’ad-Goma after listening to both parties said the court would revisit the previous ruling on the matter.
“The fact that the case was heard before and rulings made, the court shall revisit the case before taking decision,” he said.
He adjourned the case to March 20, for continuation of hearing.
- Police denies robbery attempt at CBN in Benin
- FG to equip 200,000 youths with digital skill in 2 years
- Alleged illegal marriage: Court orders police to release Sharia court Judge, 5 others
- Bayelsa: APC promises violence-free election
- David-West, highly-principled, morally-upright Nigerian – Tinubu
- Diabetes: Group urges President Buhari to assent bill establishing Dietitian Council of Nigeria
- Hajj: Saudi hotel group woos Nigerian pilgrims
- Nasarawa Assembly moves to rename state poly after Late Emir Agwai
- Reps C’ttee asks FIRS to return N4.6bn to FCT
- University of Abuja appoints new Registrar
- Katsina CJ ‘angry’ with armchair lawyers commenting on legal issues in social media
- Alleged corruption: Judge threatens to strike out suit EFCC case against Diezani
- Minister lauds NASS speedy consideration of 2019 Finance bill
- Alleged N2.1bn fraud: Court grants Dokpesi’s request to travel abroad for medical checkup
- Police methods discourages community collaboration—RULAAC
- Tanzanian president promises to shake off donor dependence syndrome
- Bill to amend Sokoto Assembly Service Commission Law passes 2nd reading
- Again, Kaduna revenue agency seals-off 3 companies over N13.2m tax evasion
- Zamfara Govt. warns herders against destroying farm produce
- NSE market indices rose by 0.54% after Eid-el Malud celebration