Lagos, March 12, 2019 A 23-year-old man, Sanusi Sheu, accused of allegedly attempting to stab a Commercial Sex Worker (CSW) to death, on Tuesday appeared in an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
The police charged Sheu with attempted murder.
He pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor, Insp Cousin Adams, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on March 7, at 11 p.m., at Room 113, Kings Hotel, Oyingbo.
He said that the defendant attempted to stab Chioma Ifeanyi, a CSW, with a knife in a hotel room.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that attempted murder contravened the provisions of Section 230(1) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State.
Chief Magistrate Alex Komolafe admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties each in like sum and adjourned the case until April 15.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Spotlight: Mask-wearing remains controversial in U.S. as COVID-19 death toll exceeds 100,000
- Mexico reports 3,377 new COVID-19 cases, 447 more deaths
- Visitors visit Panda Pavilion of Zoo Berlin in Germany
- S.Korea reports 58 more COVID-19 cases, 11,402 in total
- IOM deplores killing of 30 trafficked migrants in Libya
- Nigerian president orders military operations against gang attacks
- 2020 Boston Marathon canceled, to be held virtually
- Hong Kong’s prosperity, stability brook no disruption: spokesperson
- Commentary: China’s Civil Code a landmark law to protect people’s rights
- Baccalaureate students resume classes in Tunis, Tunisia
- Pakistan to establish national cell against rising locust threat: minister
- NCDC confirms 182 new cases of COVID-19, total active cases now hits 6064
- Romania to allow outdoor sports events from June 1
- Abduction: NAWOJ wants immediate release of NTA female reporter, Chinyere Okoye
- Farmers harvest wheat in the countryside of Sale, Morocco
- Brazilian president signs financial aid bill for states, cities
- U.S. president signs executive order targeting social media companies
- Israeli children play in wheat field ahead of Jewish holiday of Shavuot
- Palliative: Kano Govt begins second phase distribution of food items
- People visit traditional lantern festival in Seoul, S. Korea