Lagos, March 12, 2019 A 23-year-old man, Sanusi Sheu, accused of allegedly attempting to stab a Commercial Sex Worker (CSW) to death, on Tuesday appeared in an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
The police charged Sheu with attempted murder.
He pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor, Insp Cousin Adams, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on March 7, at 11 p.m., at Room 113, Kings Hotel, Oyingbo.
He said that the defendant attempted to stab Chioma Ifeanyi, a CSW, with a knife in a hotel room.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that attempted murder contravened the provisions of Section 230(1) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State.
Chief Magistrate Alex Komolafe admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties each in like sum and adjourned the case until April 15.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Turkey removes 4 more Kurdish mayors over alleged terror links
- NGOs train stakeholders on promotion of child rights in Kebbi schools
- First public hearings in impeachment enquiry against Trump to start
- Suspected suicide bomber attacks Indonesia police station
- 70 people killed in Guinea ahead of 2020 presidential polls – Report
- Journalist, Egbejule explores the 1998 ‘Jesse Pipeline’ explosion in gripping new film
- Oil falls as U.S.-China trade deal prospects dim
- Lalong establishes result delivery office to implement devt strategies
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes