A 23-year-old man, Hamilu Sani, on Friday appeared in a Kubwa Grade I Area Court, for allegedly misappropriating N70,000 bread proceeds.
Th police charged Sani, who resides in Kubwa Village, Abuja with criminal breach of trust, misappropriation and cheating.
The Prosecution Counsel, John Okpa, told the court that the complainant, Uche Godwin of Kagini, Abuja, reported the matter at the Kubwa Police Station on June 12.
He alleged that the complainant entrusted with 120 loaves of bread to the defendant to sell and remit N70, 000 to Godwin but he converted the money to his personal use.
The prosecutor said that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 312, 309 and 322 of the Penal Code.
After the charge was read to him, he pleaded not guilty.
The judge, Ibrahim Balarabe, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50, 000 with one reliable surety, who must reside within the court’s jurisdiction.
Balarabe adjourned the matter until July 15 for hearing. .
Edited by Kevin Okunzuwa/Sadiya Hamza
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business