around 8:00 p.m. at Ilode Area, Ile-Ife.
Emmanuel said that the defendant stole one Bajaj motorcycle with Registration No: KRD 419 QL, valued N217,000, property of Adefioye Adewole.
He said that the offence contravened Section 390 (9) of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun, 2002.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the one-count charge of stealing.
The Defence Counsel, Mrs Innocentia Akhigbe, who pleaded for the bail of the accused in most liberal term, pledged that her client would not jump bail but would produce substantial sureties.
Magistrate Habibat Basiru, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.
Basiru said that one of the sureties must be a civil servant on Grade Level 06, while the second surety must provide two years tax clearance certificate.
She said that the addresses of the sureties must be verified by the prosecutor.
The case was adjourned till June 11, for hearing.
- Belgian tourism affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- New York officials urge stop of violence in George Floyd protests
- S. Korea reports 27 more COVID-19 cases, 11,468 in total
- New Yorkers continue to protest over George Floyd’s death
- U.S. Seattle announces curfew for weekend after protests
- S. Africa allows phased reopening of tourism amid COVID-19
- New Zealand reports no new COVID-19 case for 9 consecutive days
- S. Africa’s COVID-19 cases surpass 30,000
- Rwanda reports first COVID-19 death
- 1st LD Writethru: 5.3-magnitude quake hits 1210 km N of Acarau, Brazil — USGS
- Los Angeles declares curfew after four days of protests
- Belgium’s hospitality industry heavily affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Portuguese president, PM pay tribute to firefighters amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Hundreds of people arrested after protests against police brutality in Los Angeles
- Cuba backs WHO after U.S. announces terminating relationship
- Spotlight: NASA, SpaceX launch first crewed mission from U.S. soil since 2011
- Feature: Deported Salvadoran recalls dangerous conditions, inadequate care at U.S. detention center during pandemic
- People protest in U.S. Oakland over police-custody death of George Floyd
- Global COVID-19 cases top 6 mln — Johns Hopkins University
- SpaceX launches NASA astronauts into orbit on historic mission