March 9: 32 candidates vie for Abia governorship
Achibie said that the commission was compiling a fresh list of candidates for the state House of Assembly from a document received from the commission’s headquarters in Abuja on Friday.
He said: “We got a fresh list of candidates from the headquarters and they are still working on it to produce the current list for Saturday’s polls.”
The Resident Electoral Commission, Dr. Joseph Iloh, told NNN on Wednesday that there were 353 candidates for the 24-member house.
Meanwhile, Achibie said that all the logistics challenges had been addressed, adding that the election materials had been conveyed to the 17 local government areas of the state.
He also said that the commission was fully prepared for the polls
NNN reports that some of the front line governorship candidates included Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu of the People’s Democratic Party, Chief Uchechukwu Ogah of the All Progressives Congress, Dr. Alex Otti of the All Progressives Grand Alliance and Dr. Blessing Nwagba of the Social Democratic Party.
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies