The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Osun on Thursday distributed election materials to all the 30 local government areas in the state, ahead the State House of Assembly election on Saturday.
“What we have left here this year in Osun is the House of Assembly or what we call state constituency election.
“The state has 26 House of Assembly seats and we have 22 local government areas in the state that will produce one representative each.
“Eight local government areas will produce four representatives that is one representative for two local government areas.
“The materials – ballot papers and result sheets are here,’’ Agbaje said.
He said all the items needed for the election were ready and that the officials had gone to the INEC headquarters to get smartcard readers which were considered as sensitive materials.
“Our officials will bring the smartcard readers, load them and go to the local government areas with these materials in company of security personnel.
“If political party representatives of the designated local government areas are around, they will also go with them,’’ he said
“I urge all political party agents to mobilise the electorate to come out and vote on Saturday as the House of Assembly election is crucial.
“Those elected as lawmakers will be the mouth-piece and voice of the people in governance in the state,’’ Agbaje stressed.
- Assembly pledges proper upgrading of Sokoto Health Technology school
- Army releases emergency numbers for ‘Exercise Atilogwu Udo 1’
- Sickle Cell: Reps urge FG to introduce free, compulsory new born screening
- Appeal Court reaffirms election of 8 Sokoto lawmakers
- Data, veritable tool to achieving SDGs — Presidential aide
- Bayelsa: IPAC urges INEC to ensure free, fair, credible election
- Kagame delivers stern warning to persons trying to destabilise Rwanda
- NASS pledges support towards reducing Nigeria’s housing deficit
- FG to stop importation of steel materials – Minister
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline