Mason docked for alleged cell phone theft
The Police on Friday arraigned a 21-year-old man, Lawal Sheu, in a Karshi Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja, over alleged theft of a cell phone.
The defendant, who resides at Area C, Nyanya, Abuja, is facing three-count charge bordering on criminal trespass, mischief and theft, offences he denied committing.
The prosecutor, Ayotunde Adeyanju, told the court that one Sule Olanrewaju of View Point Luxury Hotels, Karu, Abuja, reported the matter at the Karu Police Station, Abuja, on Feb. 8.
According to him, the complainant alleged that on the same date, the defendant criminally entered into the above mentioned address and dishonestly stole a GIONEE cell phone, valued at N19,000.
He added that the defendant, in the course of committing the offence, deliberately broke some tiles and during police investigation, the defendant admitted to have committed the offence.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened Sections 348, 327 and 287 of the Penal Code.
The judge, Aliyu Kagarko, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N200,000, with a surety in like sum and adjourned the case until March 15 for hearing.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA