Dr Tony Momoh, the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital told that the outreach was part of its social responsibility.
He said that the hospital was a standard and specialised centre for the treatment of complicated health issues and surgeries.
“The purpose of establishing the hospital here is to prevent people from the stress of traveling abroad when they can get same treatment in the country.
“We have various areas of medicine, we have specialist in general surgery, microscopic, laparoscopic surgeries, dialysis section and 10-bedded Intensive Care Unit among others.
“Our services are very affordable compared to the standard of the hospital,’’ Momoh said.
Alhaji Umaru Jibia, the Hospital`s Head of Public Relations Unit, said that they have been holding periodical consultations where people can have free access to the consultants.
According to him, the hospital management do this every four months in the hospital and then we go out to create awareness on our services.
“We have been to several establishments like Church, Nigeria Immigration Service office, UN office in Abuja, prisons, custom offices and markets.’’
Also speaking, Dr Sunny Ukachukwu, the Managing Director of the Hospital, said part of their challenges was competition from other standard hospitals in the country.
“The major challenge has been re-encompassing, considering that medical sector is being neglected for a very long time in this country and government is not really supportive.
“The encouragement from the government is not much as it is being pronounced because of that, so many of our people don’t really believe that better things can come out from this country.
“People believe that without travelling abroad, you can never be okay, but we try as much as possible to let people know that the skills, the expertise, we also have them here in the country,’’ he said.
The medical director noted that medical tourism can only be discouraged if government curbs corruption and strengthens institutions in the health sector.
report that 97 members of staff of the agency benefited from the free medical checkup for different .
Edited by Joseph Edeh
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments
- Osinbajo in Ikenne, celebrates Otunba Adesina at 80
- Group wants Nigerians to imbibe waste management culture, recycling
- FG pledges to enhance operations of River Basin Development Authorities in 2020
- Soldiers clean up Ojuelegba axis of Lagos to enhance civilian/military relations
- Enugu hospital turns to pilgrimage ground as residents catch glimpse of quadruplets
- Poor Salary: Kaduna joint tertiary institution unions shelve planned strike
- NIMASA chief urges regular exercise to stay healthy, enhance productivity
- Expert urges Nigerians to imbibe savings culture
- Navy employs weight control mechanism to promote fitness
- Exhibit more political will in tackling nation’s security challenges, Cleric advises FG
- Gospel singer charges youths to start small, be humble
- Yuletide: Curfew, ban of fireworks still effective in Borno -Police