The Katsina State Government has confirmed the death of a medical doctor, Dr Aliyu Yakubu, affected by the Coronavirus.
The deceased, aged 60, died at the Nigeria Air Force Reference Hospital, Daura three days ago.
Gov. Aminu Masari, who made the disclosure at a press conference on Tuesday in Katsina, said that the deceased, owned a private hospital in Daura and had visited his home state, Kogi, from where he traveled to Lagos some weeks ago.
Masari said that after returning to the state, the deceased fell sick and was admitted at the hospital, where he died three days ago.
According to him, the deceased samples were taken to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) for diagnosis before his death and was diagnosed positive to Coronavirus.
“Before his death, he was also diagnosed for hepatitis and hypertension, three years ago,” he said.
The governor said that the state medical response team was in Daura taking samples of all those that had contact with the man before his death.
Edited By: Tayo Ikujuni/Maharazu Ahmed
- Argentina sees record high COVID-19 cases amid economic uncertainty
- 90 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast: IOM
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000-mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Commercial motorcyclists tested for COVID-19 in Rwanda
- Japanese police arrest suspect 10 months after deadly arson attack on Kyoto anime studio
- Trump accuses Twitter of interfering in U.S. elections
- Nigeria records 276 new COVID-19 cases, total now 8,344
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000 mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Angola’s central bank instructs major public bank to protect assets following fraud
- Tokyo stocks mixed in morning on economic revival hopes, profit-taking
- Internal border closures hurt Australian economy: PM
- G7 summit to be held in late June: White House
- Trump seeks full withdrawal from Afghanistan without setting date
- Sydney Film Festival launches online program
- Uganda approves return of citizens stranded abroad over COVID-19
- Kyoto animation studio arson suspect arrested on suspicion of murder
- COVID-19 cluster detected on Australian live animal export ship
- Suspect in deadly arson attack at Kyoto animation studio arrested
- Urgent: 5.0-magnitude quake hits 92km S of Ierapetra, Greece — USGS
- Foreign-owned firms support over 730,000 jobs in California