Colombian Robert Farah, ranked world number one in men’s doubles, has withdrawn from the Australian Open for personal reasons, tournament organisers said on Tuesday.
Canada-born Farah won Wimbledon and the U.S. Open doubles titles with long-time partner and fellow Colombian Juan Sebastian Cabal.
The pair, who made the 2018 doubles final at Melbourne Park and were awarded the ATP’s doubles team of the year in 2019, had already pulled out of this week’s Adelaide International warmup event.
A Tennis Australia spokeswoman told Reuters 32-year-old Farah’s decision to pull out was not injury related.
Cabal, 33, was expected to remain in Melbourne and play in the doubles with another partner, she added.
The Australian Open starts on Monday.
Edited by: Maharazu Ahmed
- NSCDC pledges maximum support to Amotekun in Oyo state
- FG to pay June hazard allowance of medical workers from Aug. 10
- Northern Governors condemn attacks in Southern Kaduna
- NAFDAC advises careful examination of products before buying
- Ooni tasks govt on food security as Ife celebrate yam festival
- Insecurity: CSOs call FG to intensify effort to allow farmers access farmlands
- COVID 19: Foundation begins online medical intervention
- COVID-19: PTF reverts govt working hours to 8a.m. to 4p.m. for GL 12 upward
- NIPC boss considers Shoprite strategic investment in Nigeria
- UNDP, EU want strong legislation to end rape, violence against women