German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Chinese President Xi Jinping, have underscored the importance of close cooperation in tackling coronavirus, a German government spokesman said on Wednesday.
Summarising a call between the two leaders, Merkel’s spokesman Steffen Seibert said they agreed that the current crisis situation can only be resolved through close international cooperation.’’
Germany and China remained in close communication, he added.
Merkel and Xi will attend a special video summit of the Group of 20 leading economic powers (G20) to discuss the coronavirus crisis on Thursday.
Merkel, who herself is in self-isolation after coming into contact with a person who later tested positive for coronavirus, will attend the virtual meeting from home.
Watch Live News
- LASEMA calls for integrity test, as building collapses in Lagos
- NNPC to hands off refineries after rehabilitation –Kyari
- Buratai visits troops’ locations in NE
- Greece cracks down on domestic travel, steps up police enforcement
- COVID-19: Gov. Yahaya lauds Gombe youths for producing ventilator
- UN chief defends WHO after criticism from Trump, says probe possible
- COVID-19: DisCos support move to give 2 months free electricity to consumers
- COVID-19: NCDC pledges further technical assistance to Enugu
- Serbian president’s son hospitalised after catching coronavirus
- Real Madrid players agree to 10 to 20 percent wage cut