Rangers International Football Cub of Enugu on Sunday bowed 1-0 to Mountain of Fire and Miracle (MFM) of Lagos in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) played in Enugu.
Kenedinum Chuks of MFM scored the only goal of the match in the 45th minute before the break.
Rangers, who missed several scoring chances in the match as the worst of it was the last miss which hit the woodwork.
Speaking after the match, MFM coach, Tony Bulus said that the match worked out perfectly for them.
”It is a good thing, coming back home with a victory as I worked with Rangers in 2016 when they won the league.
”Rangers team is a good club in Nigeria and even in the continent but football is dynamic.
Bulus said that the knowledge he had about Rangers helped him to work out a suitable tactics that will get a favourable outcome for his team.
The coach praised his team for making two wins from two away matches in the ongoing season.
Edited by Joseph Edeh/Maureen Atuonwu
- Bakassi council boss seeks Buhari’s intervention on resettlement
- Anambra: PDP endorses Nwobu led-state working committee
- Beirut blast: UNICEF appeals for $46.7m to reach 100,000 children affected
- Afghan Government releases 80 of final 400 Taliban prisoners
- Edo guber poll: Call APC Governors’ Forum D-G to order – Party chieftain
- NGO advocates early exposure of girl-child to sex education
- EU reaches first deal to buy potential COVID-19 vaccine
- Virus risk: N. Korean leader warns against accepting outside flood aid
- FITC initiates essay competition to reward young African undergraduates
- French investigators say Niger attack on aid staff aimed at Westerners