Some members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) under the auspices of Ondo state APC Solidarity Group has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to withdraw the nomination of Sen. Tayo Alasoadura as the state ministerial nominee.
The group said that Alasoadura should be replaced with an APC loyalist whose acceptability would cut across all the 18 Local Government Areas (LGAs)of the state.
It disclosed this in a statement signed by its Convener, Mr Gbenga Bojuwomi and National Secretary, Alhaji Ibrahim Sikiru, in Abuja on Wednesday.
“We need a loyal party man who can actually bring people together and form a stronger bond of unity in the state chapter of APC.
“We feel duty bound to use the opportunities and resources we have as a ruling party at our disposal to restore hope in the minds of the people.
“Since yesterday as everybody can feel it, Ondo state has been thrown into hopelessness, mourning mood over the choice of Alasoadura.
“We hereby call on Buhari as a matter of loyalty, integrity, national and party interest to withdraw his nomination as the state ministerial nominee and replace same with an APC loyalist whose love cuts across all the 18 LGAs of the state,” the group said.
It also called on the Senate to halt the confirmation Alasoadura pending the resolution of the misunderstanding between the group and presidency.
“As Nigerians, we look forward to a ministerial nominee who can turn things around in the state and country at large,” the group said.
= = = = = =
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy