Some members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) under the auspices of Ondo state APC Solidarity Group has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to withdraw the nomination of Sen. Tayo Alasoadura as the state ministerial nominee.
The group said that Alasoadura should be replaced with an APC loyalist whose acceptability would cut across all the 18 Local Government Areas (LGAs)of the state.
It disclosed this in a statement signed by its Convener, Mr Gbenga Bojuwomi and National Secretary, Alhaji Ibrahim Sikiru, in Abuja on Wednesday.
“We need a loyal party man who can actually bring people together and form a stronger bond of unity in the state chapter of APC.
“We feel duty bound to use the opportunities and resources we have as a ruling party at our disposal to restore hope in the minds of the people.
“Since yesterday as everybody can feel it, Ondo state has been thrown into hopelessness, mourning mood over the choice of Alasoadura.
“We hereby call on Buhari as a matter of loyalty, integrity, national and party interest to withdraw his nomination as the state ministerial nominee and replace same with an APC loyalist whose love cuts across all the 18 LGAs of the state,” the group said.
It also called on the Senate to halt the confirmation Alasoadura pending the resolution of the misunderstanding between the group and presidency.
“As Nigerians, we look forward to a ministerial nominee who can turn things around in the state and country at large,” the group said.
= = = = = =
- Sylva, NNPC staff, others pay tribute to ex-GMD of NNPC Baru
- COVID-19: Enugu govt. decontaminates Ogbete Main Market
- COVID-19: NCAC, NANTA advocate collaborations for tourism sector recovery
- Lagos govt. unfolds strategies toward resilient city evolution
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery weather activities, May 31 – June 2
- President Buhari loses nephew Ibrahim Dauda
- Veterinary doctors donate items to Ondo Govt to fight COVID-19
- LASG to decamp Abule-Egba pipeline explosion victims from Igando relief camp
- Resident Doctors issue 14-day strike notice to FG
- Buratai inspects local construction of combat vehicles in Maiduguri
- COVID-19 mortality rises to 50 in Lagos
- Plateau NANNM calls off ‘sit-at-home’ protest for members in JUTH Isolation center
- Covid-19: 4-month-old child discharged in Kaduna
- Northern governors mourn former NNPC boss
- Schalke 04’s U.S.-born player wears “Justice for George’’ armband
- Italy records 111 new coronavirus deaths, 416 new cases
- Delta has witnessed unprecedented development under Okowa – Lawmakers
- Banditry: Sultan seeks recruitment, funding of security agencies
- Kenyan farmers grapple with oscillating temperatures as climate varies
- Europe urges Trump to reconsider decision to withdraw from WHO