Miyyeti Allah tasks security agents on illegal weapons
Birinin Kebbi, March 4,2019(NNN) The Kebbi state chapter of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has urged security agencies in the country to retrieve illegally acquired weapons from unauthorised persons.
Alhaji Muhammad Ardo-Zuru, the state chairman of the association disclosed this while addressing newsmen in Birnin Kebbi.
“Sustainable peace will continue to elude us if such weapons, including guns and ammunition are left in the hands of criminals.
“For peace to endure in the country, authorities will have to ensure deliberate steps are taken to mop up all guns and ammunition in criminal hands.
“This should be in addition to prosecuting all those found wanting in the killing of innocent people, no matter how highly placed they are,” he said.
Ardo-Zuru, expressed the desire of the Miyyeti Allah to cooperate with government and security agencies to maintain peace.
“We are not in support of the call that communities should take laws into their hands, in the name of defending themselves.
“Those behind recent killings are only out to provoke other sections so they can destabilise the country,” he said.
”Our members have been killed across the country, but as leaders, we cannot allow them to avenge.
“We realised that those who attacked Fulani people in Taraba, Benue and Kaduna states carried out those attacks purposely to destabilise the country,” he said.
Ardo-Zuru, however, added that the association would collaborate with the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) the Attorney-General of the Federation and Commissioners for Justice in various states to hasten the release of all innocent Fulani people languishing in prisons.(NNN)
Edited by Kamal Tayo Oropo/Ali Baba-Inuwa
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA