Chief Nickolas Ojike, the Traditional Ruler of Nkporogwu Ukehe Autonomous Community in Igbo Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu State, has lauded Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for the improved security situation in the state.
Ojike made the commendation in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency in Enugu on Tuesday.
He said that the governor had demonstrated his commitment to the security of lives and property of the people, especially with the establishment of the Forest Guards.
He said that the governor had strengthened the neighborhood watch and the vigilance groups to further enhance security of lives and property in the state.
The monarch further thanked the governor for equipping the security agencies with patrol vans and security gadgets to ensure that the state remained safe for residents and investors.
He described the governor as God-sent, who was always willing to listen to the cries of his people.
Ojike also said that Ugwuanyi had acquitted himself with the prompt payment of workers’ salaries, pensions and empowerment of traders, women and youths.
“Workers and pensioners are paid regularly before the 25th of every month.
“Women and youths are receiving skills acquisition training and they are equipped to become employers of labour,” he said.
The royal father therefore urged the people to reciprocate the governor’s huge achievements by sustaining their support to him to enable him to deliver more democracy dividend.
(Edited by: Sam Oditah)
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services
- NIRSAL empowers 475 female cassava farmers, 2,872 farmers in south south
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- Delta commissioner honoured for fighting against COVID-19