The Osuko of Obi Kingdom in Nasarawa State, Alhaji Aliyu Dangiwa, has urged Nigerians, especially the youth, to shun drug abuse and other negative vices for societal development.
Dangiwa gave the advice while speaking in an interview with newsmen in his palace in Obi, Obi Local Government Area of the state.
He said that drug abuse and other social vices had affected the education of many Nigerian youths and the society negatively, hence the need for his call.
The royal father called for collective fight to nip drug abuse in the bud in the interest of peace and for the overall development of the country.
Dangiwa advised the authority concern to intensify efforts in the fight against the menace for the betterment of the society.
On Ramadan, the Osuko of Obi called on Muslim faithful to use the Ramadan period to reflect on the lessons which include sacrifice, forgiveness and genuine love for neighbours.
“I am using this opportunity to call on all Muslims and other Nigerians to pray for peace, progress of the country as well as to assist and support the less privileged ones so as to better their lives,’’ he said.
He charged all ethnic groups in the state to ensure peaceful co-existence irrespective of their affiliations in the interest of development.
“Peace is paramount, priceless and non-negotiable and it is the necessary requirement for the development of any nation.
“No nation will achieve meaningful development in an atmosphere of rancour, confusion and violence.
“It is in view of this that, I want to urge the people of the state and Nigerians to continue to live in peace and tolerate one another for development to thrive,” he added.
The first class monarch restated his continued commitment to initiate peace building and other good policies and programmes that would have direct bearing on the lives of his subjects, the people of the state and Nigerians at large.
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections
- Commission issues Certificates of Return to 16 LG chairmen in Ekiti