Morocco has again emerged the champion of the just concluded 2019 African Blind Football Championship held in Enugu after defeating Mali 5-1 on Sunday.
Morocco had defeated Mali 8-1 in Cape Verde in 2017 to win the tournament.
With the result, Morocco has qualified to represent Africa at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in Japan.
In the other results of the day, Ivory Coast humbled Nigeria 2-0 to clinch the third position.
After the championship, the sponsor of the tournament and founder, BINA Foundation, Lady Ifeoma Atuegwu thanked all the teams for honouring the invitation.
She also praised the Moroccan team for emerging the champions and urged them to prepare well for the Olympic.
”You are now the champions of Africa and we look forward to see you rule the world,” she said.
Atuegwu thanked all that made the championship a success and promised good outing for Nigeria national team in next championship.
She noted that Cameroun had agreed to engage the Nigeria team in a friendly match and hoped that others would do the same.
”Nigeria is a good place to be and I know that you people will like to visit again, thanks for making our day,” Atuegwu said.
Nigeria News Agency reports that eight African countries participated in the championship.
They are Morocco, Mali, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Libya, Niger Republic and Cameroun and the host, Nigeria.
Edited & Vetted By: Maureen Atuonwu
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry