The Caleb Group of Schools on Friday said plans had been concluded for its students’ orchestra group to co-perform on stage with leading gospel artists in Nigeria and beyond at its forthcoming maiden Music Festival.
Mrs Busola Adegbaju, Principal, Caleb British International School, Abijo -Lekki, at a news conference in Lagos named the invited gospel artists to include Tope Alabi, Sinach, Beejay Sax, Buky Bekes and Ayan Jesu, among others
Adegbaju said that the event with the theme; “Joyful Tidings’’ is aimed at showcasing the exquisite bouquet of skilful display of musical rendition and performances from Caleb orchestra,Voice of Caleb and other invited schools.
She said the school recognised the deposit of talents on every child and would help to unearth, refine and catapult it to stardom.
“I assure parents and other invited guests of an exciting event where established stars and emerging ones will both take the stage.
“At the music festival, new stars will be born, ‘’ she said.
According to her, the music festival which has been slated to hold on Nov. 30 at the School’s Lekki branch Sports Arena would also feature an award night to appreciate outstanding students, staff and parents.
The principal said that the school would also recognise and award laudable achievements of noble men and women in the society who had positively affected humanity, irrespective of race, age, creed or gender.
Adegbaju quoted the Director of the school, Dr Ola Adebogun, to have said that the music festival and award night underscore Caleb Schools’ commitment to Christian values, grooming of highly-educated and skilled students; and rewarding excellent behaviour.
“The festival is an avenue for us to exhibit the musical talents of our students and another platform for us to celebrate and praise God with friends and members of growing Caleb family in company of proven stars and models,’’ she said.
Adegbaju, however, said that the school would host over 3,000 guests at the event at no cost as gate fee.
She said the event planning committee had put in place measures for adequate security, proper sound system, protocol, entertainment and other requirements to ensure that the event is seamless and well-organised.
According to her, the school is relying on sponsorship from its director who is a philanthropist, corporate organisations and banks to fund the event.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Caleb Group of Schools, a foremost Christian citadel was founded in 1986 and has spanned over three decades.
The school came first position at the Commonwealth Science Class Competition organised by the British Council in 2017.
Recently, one of the school’s teachers, Mr Olusegun Adeniyi won the Best Teacher’s Award in the 2019 edition of the Federal Ministry of Education, President’s Teachers and School Excellence Award (PTSRA).
Caleb Group of Schools comprise: Caleb University, Imota; Caleb International School, Magodo; Caleb International College, Magodo; Caleb International School, Surulere; and Caleb British International School, Abijo -Lekki, Lagos.
Edited by Adeleye Ajayi
- Man arrested in Riyadh for attacking 3 performers with knife
- LASWA partners food, beverage coys on removal of debris on waterways
- Kenya’s lending cap repeal removes hurdle to rate cut – cenbank governor
- Taiwan to take delivery of 66 F-16 fighter jets from U.S by 2026
- Swine flu kills fourth person in Vietnam in 2019
- South Africa’s Telkom in deal talks despite plunging profit
- Combination of mushroom extracts boosts immune system – Aussie research
- Visa to acquire stake in Nigeria’s Interswitch
- Egypt’s central bank seen making third straight cut to key rates – Survey
- Oil prices gain as market awaits signals on U.S.-China trade talks
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77