The Muslim League for Accontabulity (MULAC), on Thursday tasked the
National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) to evolve new measures to ensure the success of the 2020 Hajj operation.
The Executive Director of the group, Malam Yusuf Arrigasiyyu said in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency in Kaduna that the commission must surpass the success recorded during the 2019 exercise.
Arrigasiyyu said the few lapses identified during the conduct of the 2019 Hajj operation should be blocked and areas of successes improved to excellence level.
“NAHCON should continue with the success recorded during this year’s hajj exercise, they should improve.
“This year’s hajj is one of the most successful operation ever recorded; it was hitch free from the start of the airlift of the pilgrims up to their return home.
“Some of the major challenges of the past were addressed, including pilgrims accommodation in Madina, Makkah and Muna.”
Arrigasiyyu said MULAC would track the preparations for the 2020 Hajj and would draw the commission’s attention wherever it noticed lapses.
Edited by Maharazu Ahmed
- LASWA partners food, beverage coys on removal of debris on waterways
- Kenya’s lending cap repeal removes hurdle to rate cut – cenbank governor
- Taiwan to take delivery of 66 F-16 fighter jets from U.S by 2026
- Swine flu kills fourth person in Vietnam in 2019
- South Africa’s Telkom in deal talks despite plunging profit
- Combination of mushroom extracts boosts immune system – Aussie research
- Visa to acquire stake in Nigeria’s Interswitch
- Egypt’s central bank seen making third straight cut to key rates – Survey
- Oil prices gain as market awaits signals on U.S.-China trade talks
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers