A housewife, Sadiya Mauza, on Wednesday, pleaded with an Upper Area Court in Mararaba, Nasarawa State, to dissolve her marriage because her husband does not provide food in the house.
Mauza also told the court that her husband, Idris Wandara, has failed in his duty as a husband.
She said that they were married under Islamic Law and Customs and that the union was blessed with three children.
She alleged that the respondent is irresponsible, does not take care nor feed her and the children especially whenever she is pregnant and delivers.
“Each time I get pregnant , my husband forces me to go to my parents’ house. He doe not provide food for me until the baby is six months.
“This behaviour of his has made my parents uncomfortable and sad because they usually go out of their way to provide food for me and the baby,” She said.
She said that she no longer loves him and had lost interest in the marriage due to lack of food and accommodation.
Mauza pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage and to also compel the respondent to pay the children school fees and feeding allowance of N50,000.
The respondent, however, denied all the allegations.
The judge, Mr Ibrahim Shekarau, adjourned the case until Oct. 28 for hearing and consideration of settlement.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study