By Bolanle Lawal
Ado-Ekiti, Dec. 14, 2018 (NNN) The wife of the Ekiti State Governor, Chief Bisi Fayemi, says her husband’s administration will restore long held values of the Ekiti people, in addition to fighting poverty and moral decadence.
The governor’s wife gave the assurance in Ado-Ekiti on Friday while delivering a lecture entitled: ‘Reclaiming our Land, Restoring our Values: Beyond Slogan’.
Fayemi expressed optimism that the present administration in the state would introduce policies and programmes that would combat poverty and all forms of social ills.
According to her, many of such challenges crept into Ekiti through the actions of compromising politicians.
In his remarks, NUJ Chairman in the state, Mr Rotimi Ojomoyela, lauded the governor’s wife for the lecture.
He said it would go a long way in repositioning the lives of youths in the state.
The chairman assured that the members of the pen profession in the state would work assiduously to ensure that the present administration realises its set objectives.
NNN reports that the forum afforded Journalists in the state the opportunity to interact on mind boggling issues, especially on coming up with ways to restore the core values of the state beyond slogan. (NNN)
Edited by Moses Solanke/Oluwole Sogunle
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA
- U.S calls for peaceful, free, transparent elections in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Buhari greets Wazirin Dutse, Bashir Dalhatu, at 70