Ex-Big Brother Naija housemate, Elozonam Ogbolu, says his mother encouraged his creativity and acting career.
Ogbolu told the News Agency of Nigeria on Friday in Lagos that he took after the creative ability of his mother who was an advertising practitioner.
“My brothers and I learnt a lot from our mum, as a creative person herself, my mum is very responsible for my creative career,
“In general conversations with our mum, things drop here and there, and when it was time for us to go out and make our way in the world, we landed in advertising – three of us,” he said.
Ogbolu is currently involved in creating radio and television commercial advertisements and acting.
The ex-big brother naija housemate disclosed that he would soon shoot a movie with some of his co-housemates: Venita Akpofure and Seyi Awolowo.
“Am currently working on something and I would cast Venita as a lead actress because she is actually a very fantastic actress and pretty good to work with.
“She is also very versatile. I would not cast her in just any project; it will have to be something that has depth. I will be the male lead, obviously.
“Another person I would cast would be Seyi because he can interpret roles, these are two people I have seriously been considering working with in terms of acting,” he said.
Ogbolu said he had been working on a web series which he described as a dark comedy and really ridiculous, having created season one but paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
He said his major achievement as an ex-big brother naija housemate was the exposure and opportunities he had derived from the show.
“The exposure makes you walk into a room and people will listen to you because they know who you are, they cannot say you are a fraud; they will listen when you speak.
“So, the opportunities and the exposure is what I like the most.
“But what I dislike is the dragging on the social media that happens once in a while except you are that kind of person that attracts dragging on a regular basis,” he said.
Ogbolu recently joined the cast of Africa Magic legal series, E.E.E, which currently streams on Showmax and tells the story of Ezinne, a young lawyer who navigates her way through a top Lagos law firm while also dealing with family challenges.
Elozonam Ogbolu plays Banjo Harris, the cocky son of the late Mr Harris, a partner in Ezinne’s former law firm.
Edited By: Nkiru Ifeajuna/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Sodomy: NAPTIP arrests labourer for luring 12 children in Sokoto
- Council sensitises mothers in Badagry on rape, child abuse
- Always cooperate with government, RTEAN urges transport unions
- Senegal’s COVID-19 cases surpass 12,000-mark with 160 new infections
- Arsenal head of football, Sanllehi, leaves club
- Skills acquisition programmes panacea to youth development – Ganduje
- Tinubu urges immortalisation of former United States Ambassador, Walter Carrington
- Sanwo-Olu mourns Lagos APC chieftain, Lanre Razak
- Corruption: Ganduje tasks anti-graft agency not to compromise
- School reopening: Kebbi Govt. trains 2,212 teachers on COVID-19 protocols