Azeez who lived at Isheri area in Lagos State, made the allegation while responding a divorce petition filed by Fatimo.
He told Chief Ademola Odunade, the President of the court that he had been warned by ”spiritualists” that Fatimo, belonged to some forces in the world.
”I was warned that I will not know peace until she marries a man in the spiritual realm.
“I was told that my wife takes our baby to prostitution joints. I have caught her drinking and dancing with men.
”The police helped me rescue my baby from my wife and I took the baby to my mother in Ibadan.
“My wife refuses to breastfeed the baby. Infact, my baby has stayed for two days without being breast fed,” Azeez explained.
Corroborating Azeez’s submission, Azeez’s mother and five other witnesses pointed out that Fatimo was a lazy woman who was not fit to be a wife and mother.
“When Azeez brought the baby to me, he was almost lifeless due to malnutrition and lack of care and friends and neighbours contributed money for his treatment in the hospital before his revival,” Azeez’s mother said.
Earlier, Fatimo informed the court that her husband had been cruel to her.
She also alleged that he starves her of food brings in his girlfriends to their matrimonial home.
In his judgment, Odunade held that the relationship between Fatimo and Azeez was not based on true love due to the incessant disagreement between them.
He therefore, cited threat to life as the reason for dissolving the union.
The court’s President ordered the plaintiff to sign an undertaking to be a responsible mother and awarded custody of the child to her.
He also ordered Azeez to pay N5,000 as the child’s monthly feeding allowance in addition to being responsible for his education and other welfare.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse