Yuletide Season has come again, holidays are fast approaching. It is the time of the year when people get to see their loved ones who reside far and near , hold many celebrations and enjoy quality time together. Yuletide is a time when people are reminded to appreciate the gift of family even in the midst of misunderstandings, quarrels and want.
This year, i dream of a perfect yuletide where everyone has a reason to celebrate. A yuletide where everyone is his brother’s keeper and acts of selflessness abound. I dream of a yuletide where one that has nothing, and the one that has plenty cheerfully shares with the one with little or nothing.
I close my eyes and dream of a yuletide where our roads are motorable and safe, our bridges so well built that one would look forward to ply. I imagine a yuletide where commercial drivers understand that human life worth more than money. A yuletide where a mad chase for the Naira do not result in an increase in the number of road traffic accidents.
I want a yuletide where drivers are not primarily concerned about making unrealistic numbers of trips in a day but about bringing their passengers to their destinations whole and alive. I dream of a yuletide where there is no unnecessary hike in the price of petrol, transportation cost and the price of essential food commodities. A yuletide where petrol is not hoarded in order to cause artificial scarcity thus making the cost of living in Nigeria even more expensive.
I imagine a yuletide where people pursue wealth through legal means and are contented with what they get. I hope for yuletide where the get rich quick syndrome does not push people to crime .A yuletide which is not seen by anybody as an opportunity to fleece his neighbor. I want yuletide where love and contentment abound in the hearts of Nigerians.
The yuletide of my dreams is a yuletide in which peace reigns. A yuletide where hatchet is buried , people settle their differences and live as one. A yuletide where individuals, families and organizations understand that peace is vital for the progress of any society.
The yuletide of my dream is not an impossibility. It can be achieved if love is preached in our religious places , schools and markets. It can become a reality if we all love one another and guide all our actions . Yuletide is a season of love, let us all try to put smiles on the faces of those we meet this season and beyond.
IT student with the Press and Public Relations Unit, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Abuja. Email : email@example.com
- Cultism: Anambra CP summons DPOs, top police officers to emergency meeting
- UEL: Lukaku, Eriksen take Inter Milan past Getafe into last eight
- Manchester United move into Europa League last eight
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services