Spanish great Rafael Nadal will not play in the Shanghai Masters next week after withdrawing from the tournament on Friday due to a hand injury.
The 33-year-old US Open champion is still suffering from the left hand problem which forced him out of the Laver Cup team event in September.
Nadal has twice reached the final in Shanghai, losing in 2009 and 2017.
World number one Novak Djokovic is top seed for the tournament which starts Monday.(NAN)
Edited by Halima Sheji/Sadiya Hamza
- NAFDAC advises careful examination of products before buying
- Ooni tasks govt on food security as Ife celebrate yam festival
- Insecurity: CSOs call FG to intensify effort to allow farmers access farmlands
- COVID 19: Foundation begins online medical intervention
- COVID-19: PTF reverts govt working hours to 8a.m. to 4p.m. for GL 12 upward
- NIPC boss considers Shoprite strategic investment in Nigeria
- UNDP, EU want strong legislation to end rape, violence against women
- Buhari sympathises with Lebanon over massive explosions
- Post-COVID-19: Feed miller urges youths to embrace agribusiness for sustainability to embrace agribusiness for sustainability
- COVID-19: United States lifts global travel advisory