The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has announced the death of Flying Officer Tolulope Arotile, who died on July 14, as a result of head injuries sustained from a road traffic accident at NAF Base Kaduna.
Late Arotile was the first female combat helicopter pilot in the NAF.
Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, NAF’s Director of Public Relations and Information, made this known in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.
“It is with great sorrow that the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) regretfully announces the unfortunate demise of Flying Officer Tolulope Arotile, who died on July 14, as a result of head injuries sustained from a road traffic accident at NAF Base Kaduna.
“Until her death, Flying Officer Arotile, who was commissioned into the NAF in September 2017 as a member of Nigerian Defence Academy Regular Course 64, was the first ever female combat helicopter pilot in the Service.
“During her short but impactful stay in the Service, late Arotile, who hails from Iffe in Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, contributed significantly to the efforts to rid the North Central States of bandits and other criminal elements by flying several combat missions under Operation GAMA AIKI in Minna, Niger State.
” The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, on behalf of officers, airmen, airwomen and civilian staff of the NAF, commiserates with the family of late Flying Officer Arotile over this irreparable loss.
” We pray that the Almighty God grants her soul eternal rest,” he said.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Juventus give Pirlo his first manager’s role
- 332 evacuees arrive Nigeria from London – NiDCOM
- Lewandowski dazzles as Bayern crush Chelsea to reach last eight
- Messi helps Barcelona sink Napoli to reach last 8
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 5 foreigners
- Amosun pays tributes to late Kashamu
- Buhari mourns Kano businessman, Shehu Rabi’u
- Abiodun, Obasanjo mourn Kashamu
- Delta PDP returns Esiso as state chairman
- Senate President Lawan sponsors wedding for 300 less-privileged, orphans in Yobe