Gombe, March 11, 2019 Alhaji Bayero Nafada, the governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Gombe State, has congratulated Alhaji Inuwa Yahaya of All Progressives Congress (APC) for winning last Saturday’s election.
He applauded the governor-elect in Gombe on Tuesday while fielding questions from news men.
Nafada said he had no intention of going to court because that was not in his agenda.
“Going to court is not on my agenda, but I don’t know what the party will do,” he said.
He said he had not congratulated the Governor-elect earlier because he had yet to speak to anyone on the outcome of the results.
“But I want to use this medium and opportunity to congratulate him,” he said.
He, however, said congratulating Yahaya did not mean that the PDP would not take legal action, stressing that he had no issues with the governor-elect.
Nafada, who appealed to his supporters to be peaceful and law-abiding, expressed his determination to partner with everyone whose interest was to develop the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Yahya polled a total of 364,179 votes to beat Nafada who scored 222, 868 votes.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy