Gombe, March 11, 2019 Alhaji Bayero Nafada, the governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Gombe State, has congratulated Alhaji Inuwa Yahaya of All Progressives Congress (APC) for winning last Saturday’s election.
He applauded the governor-elect in Gombe on Tuesday while fielding questions from news men.
Nafada said he had no intention of going to court because that was not in his agenda.
“Going to court is not on my agenda, but I don’t know what the party will do,” he said.
He said he had not congratulated the Governor-elect earlier because he had yet to speak to anyone on the outcome of the results.
“But I want to use this medium and opportunity to congratulate him,” he said.
He, however, said congratulating Yahaya did not mean that the PDP would not take legal action, stressing that he had no issues with the governor-elect.
Nafada, who appealed to his supporters to be peaceful and law-abiding, expressed his determination to partner with everyone whose interest was to develop the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Yahya polled a total of 364,179 votes to beat Nafada who scored 222, 868 votes.
- Resident Doctors issue 14-day strike notice to FG
- Buratai inspects local construction of combat vehicles in Maiduguri
- COVID-19 mortality rises to 50 in Lagos
- Plateau NANNM calls off ‘sit-at-home’ protest for members in JUTH Isolation center
- Covid-19: 4-month-old child discharged in Kaduna
- Northern governors mourn former NNPC boss
- Schalke 04’s U.S.-born player wears “Justice for George’’ armband
- Italy records 111 new coronavirus deaths, 416 new cases
- Delta has witnessed unprecedented development under Okowa – Lawmakers
- Banditry: Sultan seeks recruitment, funding of security agencies
- Kenyan farmers grapple with oscillating temperatures as climate varies
- Europe urges Trump to reconsider decision to withdraw from WHO
- Ukraine cancels match after some players, staff test positive for coronavirus
- Buhari felicitates with UNILAG VC, Prof. Ogundipe at 60
- Gov. Mohammed sacks director over alleged financial scam
- COVID-19: NGO sensitises Taraba residents on personal hygiene, use of face masks
- Body commends Kaduna for social register dev’t
- I am battling a gang-up, says Bauchi governor
- Anniversary: Nasarawa community hails Sule’s administration on security, projects
- Tennis’ world number 11 undergoes surgery on both ankles