Officials of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Control (NAFDAC) have arrested one Goodluck Nwadike in Kano for storing falsified and substandard Tetanus Vaccines.
According to the agency’s Director-General, Prof. Moji Adeyeye, Nwadike was arrested at No. 2, Mallam Kato Market, Sabon Gari, Kano.
She said that the culprit was found with Tetanus vaccines like “Absorb Dano’’ and “IP”.
“Based on information received, NAFDAC officials stormed the shop and arrested the culprit on discovery of the drugs.
“The vaccines were found stored under poor storage conditions, in drawers in the shop. They were meant to be stored in temperatures between two degrees centigrade and eight degrees centigrade.
“The culprit confessed that he gets his supplies from Bridge Head Market, Onitsha, Anambra,’’ Adeyeye said in a statement.
Adeyeye said that the drugs were valued at N1.5 million, adding that the case was still ongoing as the drugs were being mopped up.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NNN) reports that the Kano State Commissioner of Police, Mr Wakil Muhammed, had earlier handed over intercepted fake Azithronmycin tablets and Ampiclox antibiotics caplets to the Kano NAFDAC Coordinator, Mr Shaba Mohammed. (NNN)
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study