NAFOWA offers medical services to host communities in Kaduna state
Abuja, March 31,2019 The Nigerian Air Force Officers’ Wives Association (NAFOWA) Air Training Command (ATC) Chapter has conducted a three-day medical outreach for residents of Kauya community in Igabi Local Government Area (LGA) of Kaduna state.
The Association equally renovated, furnished a block of classrooms and constructed a borehole at Nomadic Primary School Kafin-Ganye Kirama also in Igabi LGA.
NAF’s Spokesman, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, made this known in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
Speaking at the inauguration of the classroom block, Mrs Hadiza El-Rufai, wife of the Kaduna State Governor, said the occasion is a pointer to the long standing relationship between NAF and the good people of Kaduna.
The statement quoted her as saying “it does not come as a surprise, I have had cause, over time, to witness the care and concern exhibited by your noble organisation.”
She said such initiatives would enable bonding and regeneration of the spirit of oneness in the state.
NAFOWA National President, Hajiya Hafsat Sadique Abubakar, said the initiative is in fulfillment of the association’s corporate social responsibility to host communities.
“Our initiatives target activities that add value to human existence through humanitarian outreaches like this and capacity building like our NAFOWA Skills Acquisition and Vocational Training Programmes,” she said.
She was represented by the Vice President of the association, Mrs Maria Anebi.
Earlier, Dr Safiya Suleiman, the Chairperson NAFOWA ATC Chapter, revealed that the initiative is to provide a conducive learning environment as well as alleviate the health challenges in the two communities.
The statement revealed that text and exercise books were provided for the school while the 3-day medical outreach catered to clinical and surgical needs of about 4,000 beneficiaries with treated mosquito nets.
It said other consumables like clothing were distributed to members of the communities.
- Pope to give ‘strictly private’ audience to embattled Maltese premier
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy