NAFOWA to partner with KDSG in assisting VVF patients
By Mohammad Tijjani
Kaduna, Nov. 16, 2019 The Nigerian Airforce Officers Wives Association (NAFOWA) says it will collaborate with Kaduna State Government towards assisting Vesico-vaginal Fistula (VVF) patients in the areas of recovery and rehabilitation.
“Presently the Ministry of Health is in the process of collaboration with NAFOWA ATC chapter to provide assistance to VVF patients in Kaduna State in areas of both recovery and rehabilitation,” she said.
Suleiman explained that the association has been engaging into other initiatives aimed at empowering women in the barracks.
Other include deworming, provision of treated mosquito nets and other consumables like clothings.
According to Suleiman, the association will delve into wet dry season rice farming and will upgrade its bakery to boost the financial status of the chapter.
The Chairperson express appreciation to the NAFOWA National President, Hajiya Hafsat Sadiq for having the vision and ability to add value to human lives within the nooks and cranny of the country.
Also speaking, the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command, AVM Mohammed Suleiman noted that the Airforce has always placed great value to the development and provision of adequate health facilities, to take care of its personnel and host communities.
Suleiman commended NAFOWA for impacting tremendously on the lives of Nigerians through its programmes.
In her remarks, the Deputy Governor of Kaduna State, Dr Hadiza Balarabe expressed hope that such initiative would enable bonding and regeneration of the spirit of oneness for which Kaduna is known for.
The Deputy Governor was represented by the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Health, Dr Mahmud Shuaibu.
Balarabe commended NAFOWA for the offer of free healthcare to communities and said the state government would collaborate with the association to provide assistance to VVF patients.
“The initiative is worthy of emulation by all other agencies and organisations domiciled in Kaduna State.
“On my part, we will not fail in providing the needed nod of approval for any venture which would be of benefit to the people of Kaduna state, ” she said.
Edited by Maharazu Ahmed
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside