The Marlian fans are set to enjoy his performance as the organisers of the Remo Ultra-Marathon has said that the musician, Afeez Fashola, a.k.a. “Naira Marley” with others will rock the 50km race in Sagamu, Ogun.
The Project Director, Seyi Johnson, in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency said that Naira Marley would perform alongside winner of “City People Music Award” Slimcase for Best Collabo of the Year.
NAN reports that the organisers of Nigerias biggest Marathon race, Access Bank Lagos City Marathon, Nilayo Sports Management Ltd., will hold the Value Jet IAU African Championships 2019 in Sagamu on Dec. 7.
The 50km race is expected to have about 4,000 athletes from 35 countries across the world participating which is reputably the largest road races.
Johnson, however, said that Naira Marley, Slimcase, CD Q and others would light up the stage as part of the entertainment aspect of the 50km race at the Sagamu International Stadium.
“The marathon will be spiced up with lots of entertainment to light-up the race because we don’t want it to be boring.
“Artistes such as Naira Marley, Slimcase, CD Q and others will be performing and it will be an entertainment which everybody will enjoy because we are expecting a full house.
“The race will be plug and play which will start from the stadium and the marathoners will round the route five times.
“We are looking forward to see that athlete that will conquer the 50km race because the route is different from what we have been doing before,” he said.
NAN reports that the 50km ultra-race for both foreign and local categories will have the winners goes home with 2,000 dollars, second place runner will be 1,500 dollars richer, while the third place winners will pocket 1,000 dollars.
For Nigeria local 5km run, the winner will receive N500,000, first runner-up will have N300,00, while the second runner-up will take home N150,000.
(Edited & Vetted By: Peter Ejiofor)
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC