Mr Sadiq Adamu, a Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria , has been elected Chairman of the Correspondents’ Chapel in Taraba.
Adamu was elected alongside six others to replace the former executive council which was impeached recently.
Also elected at the Saturday Congress held in Jalingo were Mr Salisu Waziri of VON, Vice Chairman, Sani Suleiman of FRCN, Secretary, Nathaniel Gbaoron, Business Day, Assistant Secretary, and Bashir Adamu of Liberty TV, Treasurer.
Mr Sylvanus Viashima of the Sun Newspaper was elected as Financial Secretary of the chapel.
Speaking after the inauguration of the officials, the Chairman of NUJ, Mr Jovita Shafe, urged them to work hard to unite the chapel and protect the integrity of the union in the state.
In his response, Adamu said that he would run an inclusive administration that would make the welfare of members a top priority.
He promised to work with all correspondents toward promoting and protecting the ethics of the profession.
Adamu advised losers in the election to accept defeat in good faith and join hands with his team to strengthen the chapel.
NAN reports that the previous executive council led by Mr Wale Ayodele was impeached by members over alleged violation of the NUJ constitution.
The Taraba Council of the NUJ subsequently took over the chapel and had run its activities until the new officials were elected on Saturday.
Edited By: Vivian Ihechu and Ephraims Sheyin (NAN)
- Israel describes UN rejection of Iran arms embargo as ‘disgrace’
- Amaechi, Mohammed inspect Lagos-Ibadan rail project
- My album, “Jehovah”, lifts people going through challenges — Gospel songstress
- Total blackout in Rivers as angry youths shutdown Afam transmission lines
- Police arrest pastor, 5 others for alleged child theft in A’Ibom
- Delta approves 3 additional private schools for JSS exams
- Buhari rejoices with Kingsley Osadolor at 60
- COVID-19: survivors say mental health key to defeating virus
- Kogi Poly expels 25 students for examination malprcatice
- NBS says 21.76m Nigerians unemployed in 2020