The Speaker of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi, says the Legislature is focused and determined to maintain good working relationship with the Executive.
Abdullahi gave the assurance during the House’s first sitting of its second Legislative Year in Lafia on Monday.
He also assured the Gov. Abdullahi Sule led administration of the assembly’s full support and cooperation in order to enhance speedy development across the state.
This, he said, was to improve on the socio-economic activities and standard of living of the people.
The speaker commended members of the House for their commitment and hard work in oversighting the activities of Ministries, Agencies and Departments (MDAs) across the state and called for the sustenance of the feat.
” When we were about to go on recess last time, I pleaded with members to oversight MDAs as the constitution has empowered us to do so.
” I must commend members for your commitment, respect for my leadership and show of understanding as well as sense of love for the state. Thank you sincerely for that assignment of effectively oversighting the MDAs.
” I have received calls and text messages on your wonderful performances.
” I also want to appreciate some MDAs for their cooperation during your oversight functions, ” he said.
Abdullahi also advised Heads of MDAs to continue to give their maximum cooperation to the assembly for the overall development of the state.
” I want to say that nobody, no matter how highly placed he or she is, will stop members from their oversights or other legislative duties as enshrined in the constitution.We can never be distracted.
” The constitution has empowered us to do so and we are doing this to ensure that the right things are done for development to thrive in the state, ” he said.
He thanked the staff of the assembly for being committed to their duties and urged them to maintain the tempo.
Edited By: Modupe Adeloye and Abdullahi Yusuf (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others